I HATE YOU, RAHUL GANDHI! HATE YOU, HATE YOU, HATE YOU!!!

A Conversation.

Anyone but you!

Rahul Gandhi : Why?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Why, what?

Rahul Gandhi : Why do you hate me?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Because you are Rahul Gandhi, that’s why!

Rahul Gandhi : So, you hate me because my surname is Gandhi?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : No, not because your name is Gandhi, but because of your sense of entitlement that comes with it!

Rahul Gandhi : So, if I had been Rahul Kumar Sharma, you would have been ok with me?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Yes.

Rahul Gandhi : So, you basically hate my surname then?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Ok fine, I hate your surname.

Rahul Gandhi : But what have I done as Rahul Gandhi that has made you hate me?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : That’s exactly it! You haven’t done anything! You are incompetent and incapable of doing anything!

Rahul Gandhi : So, you hate me even though you haven’t seen me do anything – good or bad?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Not just you, your entire family! Your mother is out to destroy the country!

Rahul Gandhi : So you are blaming me for all the screw ups that my mother is doing?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Yes!

Rahul Gandhi : But what about all the things that my father or grandmother or great grandfather or grand aunt or even great great grandfather did when they were alive? Do you think they have done anything good? Does any of that count?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Maybe some of them did some good things. But, screw them all! You people have ruined this country!

Rahul Gandhi : So, I should be judged only by the misdeeds of my fore fathers?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : No, even they should be held accountable for destroying India!

Rahul Gandhi : Through me?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : The son shall have to pay – don’t they say something like that?

Rahul Gandhi : So, what should I do? Kill myself?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : No, you could go do something else. Why join politics?

Rahul Gandhi : Like, I could join your office?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Yes, sure, why not? Do whatever you are qualified to do.

Rahul Gandhi : So, I could do whatever I wanted to?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Yes, it’s a free country!

Rahul Gandhi : Everything except politics, that is.

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Here we go again!

Rahul Gandhi : No, but, seriously. I, Rahul Gandhi, am a free citizen of India who can do whatever I want except join politics?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Hah! Are you even Indian? Aren’t you Italian or something?

Rahul Gandhi : No, I was born in India, brought up in India, lived in Delhi practically all my life. I have an Indian passport. Does any of that count?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Ok, whatever. Look, even if you were in another field, I am sure you will be up to no good.

Rahul Gandhi : How? Why?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Because you are a bloody Gandhi, that’s why!

Rahul Gandhi : But if I was working, say, with you in your office, how will I screw things for you if I am, what did you say, incompetent and incapable?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : You will use your name – land a job you won’t deserve, or a promotion you wouldn’t have worked for. I can think of many reasons!

Rahul Gandhi : So, basically I am screwed because of my name? I am not fit to work in your office either.

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Yep, Yuvraj. Apt name. Actually, that’s what best describes you. You are an entitled piece of shit.

Rahul Gandhi : But I never called myself Yuvraj!

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Everyone calls you that!

Rahul Gandhi : Do you know who started that off?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : No, but it must have been some ass-licker in your party.

Rahul Gandhi : No, it was Mayawati.

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Who cares!

Rahul Gandhi : Mayawati, who is the best judge of character. Even mine?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Fuck it, it fits your profile, doesn’t it?

Rahul Gandhi : Why? Because I will be Prime Minister?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Yes, bloody hell! Because you will be Prime Minister! Entitlement, didn’t I say that?

Rahul Gandhi : So, like a Yuvraj, someone will crown me King someday?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : No, but the poor ignorant people will vote for you, won’t they?

Rahul Gandhi : So? Getting voted in as Prime Minister should be ok, right? This is a democracy. Voice of the majority etc etc.

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : It’s screwed completely, this so called democracy in our country!

Rahul Gandhi : Why?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Because incompetent people like you become Prime Minister!

Rahul Gandhi : So, is the problem our democracy or me?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : If people like you were banned from elections, we will all be in a happier place!

Rahul Gandhi : People like me – meaning?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : All you politicians’ kids. You all walk around as if you own the world!

Rahul Gandhi : So, if children of politicians were banned from fighting elections, this would be a great democracy?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Hell yeah!

Rahul Gandhi : So, why don’t you join politics? Make it all better. Stand for elections. Do some good for your country?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Why should I do that? It’s filthy! And I don’t want to be a part of that rot.

Rahul Gandhi : But if I do, that is a problem?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : You perpetuate that filth!

Rahul Gandhi : But what if I want to go in and make an effort to clean things up?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : All words!

Rahul Gandhi : But how will you know unless I do something!

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Because you won’t!

Rahul Gandhi : But shouldn’t you at least give me a chance before deciding my fate?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Whatever you do will be a fuck up, anyway.

Rahul Gandhi : You already know that?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Yes.

Rahul Gandhi : How?

Concerned Middle Class Indian Citizen : Because I hate you!

Comments

comments

39 thoughts on “I HATE YOU, RAHUL GANDHI! HATE YOU, HATE YOU, HATE YOU!!!

1. alkagurha

A very intelligent post. The communication makes one think. Perhaps people hate him because he is not seen to be doing anything. Perhaps people had great hopes.

I just want to know why people hate him as if he ate their children. It is ok to dislike someone, but to such an extent and without really able to justify it seems strange to me.
      Is it only because they sense that he might be PM some day?

2. Concerned middle class Indian citizen

Dear Rickie, I think you missed capturing some of my more specific comments. I had also said,

“Mr. Gandhi, you have been in active politics for more than 8 years and you are a 2-term serving MP. You are also acknowledged as a ‘my leader’ and future prime minister by every ‘leader’ of your political party. And yet you have not made a single policy statement in your entire adult life. You have not shared your vision for the country. Your interactions with the public have been carefully choreographed photo-ops or standard prepared text speeches. You have not given a single media interview. Your attendance in parliament is one of the lowest amongst MPs at 24 days out of 85 this year (even Kalmadi had 30 days!). You have posed one question in this Lok Sabha and 3 questions in the last Lok Sabha. You have not introduced any bill so far. We don’t know who you are and what you think and what you stand for. And you may well become our prime minister! Now isn’t that a scary thought. And no I don’t hate you.”

Isn’t it interesting that when the Concerned Middle Class Indian citizen is more informed and does his/her research about Rahul Gandhi, he/she is not simply full of hate? He/she is concerned. Now, that is an entirely justified emotion.
      Thanks for reading.

Though I am quite baffled at Kalmadi having an attendance of 30 out of 85 sittings! I didn’t know he was allowed to attend Parliament during his incarceration. Thanks for that info…I found it quite intriguing!

3. Concerned middle class Indian citizen

special leave from the honourable court to attend parliament 🙂

And I was never full of hate Rickie – are you sure you were not talking to my upar wala neighbour – Hateful upper class aspiring ABCD?

4. Not so concerned any more Indian citizen

just messing with you Rickie 😉
    Enjoyed reading your post as usual – didn’t agree with the side you took though 🙂

And I enjoyed our exchange. Thanks for reading and sharing your opinion.
      I think the reply option probably didn’t work because my blog settings have some limit on the amount of nesting allowed (I think). Your browser should be fine.

5. Corinne Rodrigues

Now I’m beginning to suspect that Rahul has morphed into the Concerned/ Not So Concerned / Concerned again Citizen commenting on your post……….or are you rigging the comments. No fair, Rickie.
    ~ Concerned Reader

I think people hate him because he has not done anything at all even after being in the position to do something. His public appearances have been a shame, it is like a play. He cannot say anything without reading it from a paper and comes across as a puppet.
    He will not be the PM. I am very sure of it. I will eat my own ear wax if I am wrong.

You think he won’t be PM because of his own volition, or will the Indian voter decide that for him?
      By the way, now I can’t stop imagining what ear was tastes like – thank you very much!

If you put up posts everyday, I find it very hard to catch up :). You know I feel that we are repulsed by Rahul because he has everything going for him, party machinery, people at his disposal, awareness, the benefit of his name, and he has been an MP for a long time! What does he have to show for it? yes, a common person like you and me should stand for elections. I would but which party will give me ticket? Who will vote for me? Standing as an independent serves no purpose in our democratic setup. I have no sympathy for the likes of him who see corruption all around them, in their party, alliance partners but don’t do anything about it. If he is an agent of change or a breath of fresh air, when is he planning to start working. I have the highest contempt for people who take no action, people in places of power like his mom, him and the PM. And, no thank you. Don’t be the PM because you have the “name.” Have some credentials to back it up. Do something at least in your own constituency. And, for God’s sake, if you live in a walled tower and don’t ever speak about your vision, your plans, your abilities, then don’t expect us to be mind readers. I don’t have time to waste over you! Sorry for the long rant.

Don’t worry about the smileys and winks…I get to see them in the words…hehhehh.

See, that sounded like a proper justification for your repulsion for RG. I am afraid a lot of people I know can’t seem to go past the name.
      To be fair to him, I think he did spend the last 4-5 years mending his party in UP and Bihar. That things didn’t work out for him (his incompetence or inexperience could be blamed for it, I’m sure) is a different story! Also, for all the dreadful showing that the Congress has managed in the past few years – scandals, scams, tanking economy and sentiment etc etc – I still feel that the MOST notable piece of legislation that has been passed in India since the constitution happened was brought about by that party. The Right To Information. ALL the misdemeanours of that and other political parties that have been exposed are in no small part because of that unbelievably progressive legislation. I wish other bills such as Right to Education, Right to Employment and Women’s Reservation in Legislation show the same success rate.

Agree and we would have had Lokpal as well had they not snowballed it. Let us be more demanding of them and all all our representatives. And, 2 successive terms and this shape of the economy, I am not in the mood for concessions. Right to Education is very flawed. We will have another discussion about that later :). The concept is good; implementation is very bad!

8. NVL Sateesh

Somewhere on facebook, i read: Like love, hate does not need reasons. One just needs to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and with perceived wrong intentions i guess. Mr. Rahul Gandhi suits the bill 🙂

Very well said. Though, RG’s contribution to this venom might be the fact that he never did anything substantial to curb it – neither by words nor with deeds. Perhaps he needs to take this much more seriously.
      Or maybe he really is not interested. He might be just happy being a peripheral player.
      Such an enigmna.

9. amarsethi

the gandhis r doing nthing but just delaying the eventual mess that our country will be in, before it again regains it morals and the ethical foundations and democratic spirit ,when our sons of the soil will take charge of the biggest political party in india ,The Congress ,and will ruin everything for their greed for money and power. And then the country will be fed up of the politics of cast, creed and money and muscle and will vote for the the real peoples representatives.

Yes, perhaps a change in leadership (from Congress to someone else) will do the country some good. But I am not hopeful. No one, absolutely no one, inspires any confidence, unfortunately.
      Thannks for reading and for sharing your point of view!

You’d be surprised to see the kind of anger directed towards the Junior Gandhi. Justified or not, it sure is personal. And most of it is the vicious kind, you know, the kind you and I would feel if he actually killed our pet cat.

1. BhavanaDiary

Oh, yeah, I have seen enough of such anger on facebook and twitter.
        I am not in India for 7 years, but still I am quite informed you see, thanks to all the hate shares on social media. Again I fail to understand people who HATE others for no particular reason.
        It has become something of NaMo vs. ‘Raul Vinci’
        We Indians do not care about mundane things such as >history< to know the patterns of good and bad governance.

10. TERI MAA KI JACK! (@TERIMAAKIJACK)

Judging by the transcribed conversation Rahul Gandhi seems to be very patient and calm. That is great character of being a leader. If he is being hated by civilians who are throwing unintelligent and very racist remarks based on his skin color and his family background, that is unfair! How can you lash out on someone who hasn’t even been given a fair chance? That just goes to show that Indian society is a bunch of ‘jananis’ who don’t want to to do anything but when someone makes an effort he/she is cursed off and thrown to the side like an ugly “bahu”

My only plea via this post was that there is no fairness in judging a person who has no track record. Maybe everyone is angry because this person should have had a good track record of achievements by now, but doesn’t.
      Thanks for reading and commenting! I love your twitter handle! 😀

1. Anonymous

I don’t hate RG…. neither I ever understood y ppl hate him soooo much…. one reason I could guess was may be under modi’s influence (who had to compete RG fr PM position nd so he alwyz pointed RG’s mistakes) ppl hv strtd making fun of him. Coz more den actual corrupt leaders ppl hv grudge on RG fr corruption. So I feel itz all modi’s influence dt ppl hate him sooo much.

11. Anonymous

Mother and Son have destroyed India . We are 1000 years behind China , They ruled for 10 years sucked the nation out high and dry . So many scams , Swiss bank scandals. This family has so much wealth that it is said to be 3 times Indias Now they handed a dead country to PM Modi and they question him … hu